background

Wednesday 19 January 2011

skin savers!

 Okay, so I'll admit it, I am by no means blessed with the best skin, whether it be genetic, hormonal, stress related, I'm unsure, sometimes it is perfect without much effort and then for periods of time, It's an absolute MARE!!
Which is most definitely not fun, and although I count my lucky stars that I have the magical products to apply new skin 'Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua' is my new favourite, I still would just LOVE healthy clear skin.

I was rather fortunate as a teen and I had more or less good skin, then in my 20's started with a few odd bad months of problem skin. Over the years I have tried more than my share or products to try to help, and especially when I was pregnant, I was on a mission to find something that would work, but to no avail, except for Dermalogica.

I unfortunately have quite sensitive skin so have troubles with skincare for oily skin and still figure that I have more combination with dry patches..(great!)  In the new year I had a flash of nostalgia and remembered that the only thing that had helped calm things down was the Dermalogica 'Dermal clay cleanser'. Pictured below-
 It's an unusual consistency, obviously quite clay like! So I dampen my face with water, massage this in, in upward and outward motions, and then rinse off. It smells quite minty, which is very refreshing and feels quite soothing, especially if I've been suffering from breakouts!
 After this I also use, just once a day in the evening, the 'Skin prep scrub' this seems to really help remove any of the dry skin, especially around the healing blemishes, and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth, the particles are very fine and I haven't found that they irritate my sensitive skin.

 The 'Multi active toner' I only spritz on in the morning before I moisturise, as It really freshens my face and I find helps my moisturiser to apply better.
 Then , in the daytime I use the oil control lotion, I find this helps not only to moisturise my skin in preparation for makeup but also doesn't leave an oily film like some can, therefore aids the staying power of my foundation.
I am by no means an expert in this field, however I do appreciate that to have your makeup looking good, It certainly helps to have a good base. I know it's not all in the products and I do try my best to eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water, but for me, this little kit has been fab! My skin is still breaking out, but feels more clear in general, smooth, supple and free from congestion!

I didn't actually go to a salon and have these products recommended as I'm sure this is the best way to have the right products for your skin type, however I did visit
where they have a helpful section called 'speed mapping' asking a variety of questions to try to 'diagnose' your skin needs.

As my skin is prone to reacting to products I decided to try out this litte pack first rather than buy the full sized products and I got this little travel sized set for £23-50 from Amazon.
The pack contained, dermal clay cleanser, skin prep scrub, active toner, oil control lotion, a sample of pre cleanse oil, a sample of skin refining mask and a lip conditioner. Obviously not full size but this has lasted me a month so far and will probably last 6 weeks, so not bad for a trial..

My other little skin saver kit is this one-
Bio -oil which I apply nightly, Loreal lash renewal serum, Blistex relief cream and Vaseline rosy lips for daytime..(I even put bio oil on my better half's face before bed as even though he's a little younger than me he frowns alot and I keep trying to tell him he won't appreciate those lines after he turns 30! haha!)


What are your favourite skin savers? DO you have naturally clear skin or do you suffer with problems? Please share!

Love

Kind wishes!

Jo xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment