background

Wednesday 5 January 2011

My first ever Topshop makeup haul!

Well, I didn't actually buy loads but after my birthday in November I was looking for some makeup with a Christmassy feeling and first of all fell in love with this nail polish!
Having never tried topshop makeup I thought it was time I gave it a try, I'd heard that some of the cream blushers were quite nice but kinda went with a feeling in my mind and these are what I came away with!

 This polish is lovely! called gypsy night which retails at £5 in the UK. Not quite black, more black with an unusual antiquey feel to it, with bronze, green and red glitter particles in..although this is the cool bit, they aren't just like big bits of chunky glitter, a bit more like gold leaf so each particle is quite random..I LIKE!!
 A few other things I picked up were a gel/cream eyeliner in etch, a highlighter in colour sunbeam and a plum with glitter lip gloss!

 failed attempt at showing you the mavellous glitter! :(




 Here I used the highlighter in sunbeam £9 and the gloss on top of a MAC lipstick in cunning.
Do I like the products? Here's my honest opinion, I love the gold highlighter and the nail polish, the highlighter created a great colour and can also be used as an eyeshadow as it is highly pigmented. The polish went on well and lasted around 3 days without chipping and with a base and topcoat, in comparison to some of my Chanel and Essie polishes, I would say it fared just as well!

The gloss is a lovely colour but perhaps not as pigmented as I'd have liked, great applied over a lipstick though.

The only item which I would say I wasn't too keen on was the gel/solid eyeliner which retails at £8-00..to be honest I was a little disappointed, it was a little dry and difficult to work onto a brush and was quite sticky to apply, and worst the end result smudged and ended up all over my lid and under eye area which is never good!

All in all I would certainly like to try out a few more topshop products but wouldn't say they were the best value for money along with the likes of sleek and mememe!

Perhaps the spring collection will have some gems for me?? Have you tried any topshop makeup?

Jo x0x0

No comments:

Post a Comment