background

Thursday 27 January 2011

new Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation review

I've been on the hunt for yet another foundation. I'd like to say it's for my kit but really I like to try these for myself too! I know it's a little silly to get excited about foundations but? I do!

A few weeks ago I went along to my local debenhams with a few different foundations in mind I would like to try. I wanted something with good even coverage, non oily, doesn't need too much powder to set, can be used for oily skin, give a luminosity and also is a good colour match! Not too much to ask hey?


While I was travelling to London I'd notice a sample of the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation in one of my magazines, glamour i think.

I don't really think i was expecting much of a difference from the usual Vitalumiere and I'm not a huge fan of this for myself as I find it's a bit too sheer and too glowy for my normal to combination skin, THIS however was a total surprise!
 I actually purchased is 2 colours as i liked the sample so much, No 10 Beige pastel and no 30 Beige sable. I firstly found that the tones are slightly lighter than the usual colour range of lumiere products, which in my book is fine however may not be suitable for much darker skins. (can be a little problem with chanel products i hear)

 Here are swatches of no 10 beige pastel and no 30 beige sable on the back of my hand, I know, not the greatest way to show you! (sorry)
 Here they are mixed together in the middle so that you can see the colours.
 So, what's so brilliant about this foundation? well everything! It's lightweight but provides brilliant coverage without looking cakey or makeuppy (?), it glides onto the skin effortlessly and is very easy to blend in, the colours are nice, not quite as yellow based at the other chanel foundations, in fact more 'beigey' as the names  suggest. It sets leaving a lovely luminous from within kind of finish, like pro lumiere but without the need to powder to set. I am in LOVE!! The smell is so clean and fresh too!

 I've been using it now for a few weeks and am hooked! Here are a few snap shots (thanks Kristen!) from a beautiful bride and bridesmaid I did the makeup for last weekend. Both Emma the bride and Kay usually are huge fans of Estee Lauder doublewear, which was the other foundation I took samples for at the same time.So it was a bit of a challenge to see how they liked the finish.
I guess you can tell from this that I didn't fall in love with the doublewear quite as much but there's always the summers heat to contend with so we will see what happens there!
 Here are the lovely Kay and Emma in Chanel vitalumiere Aqua.
 Have you tried any new foundations out there recently?

Jo xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment