background

Friday 10 September 2010

illamasqua love!

Hey there!!
During my summer hols, only a few weeks ago, which now seems soo long ago, I ran along rather excitedly to Selfridges to pick up some rather uninspiring concealers for my kit. I use quite a few different ones but had decided to stock up on MACs studio finish concealer.

As it happens, and generally does with me when I go to visit MAC, it's usually fairly busy and lucky at the trafford centre there is a gorgeous Illamasqua counter just opposite and everyone is so lovely and helpful.

I kind of had in mind a few things I wanted but certainly didn't mind having a few things showcased to me. I find it hard to choose things online so it is really nice to see them in the flesh!


So here's a few of the things I picked up..starting with the concealers I actually meant to get!!

I'm still weighing these up.. Have been using them for just over a month now and find they are strongly pigmented, providing good coverage (assistant said would even cover a tattoo!) although do find them a little drying under the eyes. Having said that, can also find MAC studio finish concealer does the same too..so all in all, fab for covering blemishes and even pigmentation but perhaps not for under the eyes! (good for oily eyes though!)



Now I know, white powder may look a little scary, but in my quest to find a good translucent powder, I LOVE this one! I've used this on several different skin tones and haven't found it looking ashy at all..buffs in beautifully with the highlighter brush I also bought! Lena at Illamasqua told me Alex Box even uses this brush for everything, even to sweep eyeshadow on!! Leaves the skin looking fresh, not cakey!



So here are a few little partners! I've been a fan of MAC's strobe cream for awhile now, especially in the winter when my skin starts to feel a little dull from central heating, cold winds..snow..eekk..(not looking forward to that at all!!) but gleam cream is quite a bit different. More creamy in consistency and more pink, works amazingly for a primer under foundation to give a gorgeous glow, can be mixed with foundation for an even more fresh appearance and can also be used as a highlighter! LOVE...



Hussy..funny name, quite liked it! Very bright, coral/pink toned matt blush. Even though highly pigmented and a tad scary looking, still looks fab on my rather pale skin of the moment! (no time to tan, teeth too sore...ouch)


Next new favourite! I've seen this reviewed, used and loved by quite a few, but tanya of pixi2woo and belledujourNYC clinched it for me..Lies is the most beautiful cream blush/highlight! Very light in consistency, don't need much at all. Can be used as a very subtle 'sheen cheek' as I can it, or as a fab highlighter for cheekbones, brow bones, cupids bow, bridge of nose! mmmm..Love!







Here's the lot! Oops..for my other half..it's purely business (for my kit) for everyone else..It's Love!


Will do another post with a few pics of when I've used the products! See what you think?? x0x0x























































No comments:

Post a Comment