background

Monday 27 December 2010

Favourite products of 2010

Favourite Products of the year 2010!

Well, 2010 is nearly over and what a year it has been! It started off with a cold..and looks like it is ending with another! ah well..we still have wonderful makeup and beauty products to keep us cheerful! :)

For me, 2010 has been a huge roller coaster which started in Feb when I attended the fashionface.tv course with the lovely Sam and Nicky Chapman, it was an adventure in itself leaving my husband and children at home for the week and setting off on a trip which I knew would change things forever! I met some wonderful ladies who I'm still very lucky to keep in touch with and who inspire me everyday!

I am now lucky enough to have a career in a something which I love and do you know what, as much as it is frivolous, girly and at times a little self indulgent, being a makeup Artist and a mummy makes me feel alive and I love helping other people to find their confidence and enjoy how they look!

So thanks to you all for a wonderful makeup and beauty year, here are my favourite products of 2010! 

Let's start with the amazing Embryolisse moisturiser.its creamy without being greasy, protective and suitable for most skin types..A must for my kit and for me when my skin needs some TLC!





UNE 100% mineral foundation, not something I had tried until I stumbled upon http://makeupbykaty.blogspot.com/ but for those who don't like a full coverage of foundation but like to have clear looking skin, this is just gorgeous! Velvety on the skin and is build able!


 MAC cream colour base in pearl.....just the perfect highlighter! it's not too silvery, or peachy just creates a beautiful glow for summer of winter skin!


Laura Mercier products, I cannot speak more highly of her luminous silk creme foundation, it covers well, but is still light enough and luminous so feels like applying anew layer of clean fresh skin! Fab for older skin types who need a little bit more evening out of skin tone but without the heavy coverage look. Sets well on it:s own and is long lasting! I need more of these in my kit in 2011! Other two favourites from Laura are the translucent powder which provides a beautiful velvet finish and is so fine, and the iconic secret camouflage concealer! It would be hard to be disappointed with any of these products!



Eyeliners have been huge for me this year, along with false eyelashes, I've found I can create so many looks and change and enhance the eye! Top of the list this year will be clinique gel liner closely followed my Avon supershock eyeliner which is the blackest, smoothest pencil I've ever tried! A new addition is the elf dual ended mascara, waterproof and everyday in one handy wand!


For the lips, favourite lip pencil of the year Laura mercier in babylips, and favourite lipstick Estee Lauder Crystal baby.. both just lovely! 

My babies! Well, not my actual ones but these are my very favourite two products! Beelicious garden girl palette purchased from the wonderful website cocobeau
and my MAC pro neautrals palette!

Hair care..Schwarzkopf silver shampoo, great for cool blonde's AND cool brunettes! Keeps my lovely goldwell smoky brown and minky colours looking fab! Also Goldwell sun reflects treatment conditioner. I use this every second wash and it keeps my hair healthy and shiny!

 oh how i love this makeup bag! I have two favourite makeup bags,  one which is by benefit which i think is called the 'betty' bag but strangely I call this one my Betty bag as it reminds me of the makeup artist Lisa Eldridge's gorgeous cat called .....Betty! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujl-eZUg9Ck
and as I have two British short haired cats, this is just the best!


 BarryM cream foundation in white is my go to product which lightens any of my favourite foundation shades if I find they're a little too dark or warm in tone! It may not be brilliant on it's own but the white one has served me very well this year!
 MAC studio fix fluid..I know it's not every one's cup of...well foundation but on the worst blemish ridden days, or if oil is taking over..this one does the job! Spritz with a little MAC fix + first and you're away! Covers blemishes, keeps oil at bay, photographs very well, (possibly looks better with a glowy blush on the cheek such as benefit coralista or a Bobbi Brown Shimmer brick) but it is for me, a bit of a life saver at times!
 

Okay, this must be the updated version of my hair tongs found on http://www.hairsupermarket.com/p/54 but these have been amazing and I love the way they make my hair look every time I use them!
Thanks for reading and I hope everyone has a fabulous new year! 2011 will be my year for youtube and blogging so keep a look out!

See you soon!

Jo xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment