background

Tuesday 31 August 2010

It's been faaar too long since I last blogged..

I've been really busy during wedding season and have LOVED every minute of it!

Only thing is, it's only left me time to look after my two boys, clean brushes, buy more makeup..ummm not all that bad then!

A little photo of my lovely friend Nicola, who inspired my rant about my love for these foundations, she really has the best skin!!

So, mainly as I've been meaning to blog about some of my favourite products for a month now, I thought I'd start with my Chanel foundations and bronzer..

I've had these in my kit for over a year now and love them so much have just re-purchased pro Lumiere in 20, vitalumiere in 30 and pro Lumiere in 50 to have a reasonable range to mix. It was purely indulgent but I added the bronze universel to my purchase, mainly as I've always wanted it and I figured, hey, it's the summer, I may have a tan (yes, from st tropez and xen tan ) so will get my use out of it!




I love all of the 'lumiere' products but 'pro' and 'vita' variety's seem to work the best for me, although I would certainly say the 'matt' and 'lift' are good too, for different skin types.


So..what do I love about them?? well, I can't ever forget Sam on my pixiwoo/fashionface course explaining why these work so beautifully but be it the correct explanation (or not too accurate) here is my way of explaining- Pro lumiere is a medium coverage foundation which gives a luminous finish. Something to do with 'spherical particles, bouncing light, flawless skin, you know) Do not be fooled into thinking this is not for those of us who have vaguely oily t zones, it's nothing a little bit of powder can't eliminate!


It is truly beautiful, I like to think of it as a second skin for my face, but a whole lot clearer and more glowing! If it's natural, flawless and glowing skin you're after..I would say give this a try! Below is a (rather bad) pic of me..with Pro lumiere 20 on..possibly some translucent powder over t zone. My skin is really not the most perfect either so you can see how good I think it is at evening and perfecting everything..

In the picture below I have more of a tan, so this is vitalumiere in 30. Equally as lovely as pro, but a little more sheer and glowy, so if you prefer a slightly lighter finish, or have dry skin, this is beautiful!


I can very definitely say I cannot imaging ever being the right colour for 50 (unlike my gorgeous friend Nicola who has such a beautiful warm bronzed tone to her skin) however it is a good colour to use to add a little in to my other foundations to match up the colour depending on tan. On the pic below I added a tiny pump of 50 to my 20, and it just added a nice warmth to the colour.




There you have it..a few of my most certain 'cannot live without' items..


Do you have any favourites cannot live without items??! xx0x

No comments:

Post a Comment