background

Monday 17 May 2010

A few new things..

The warmer weather has not yet hit us however I thought, I'll be just a little be optimistic and have a look for some 'primers' to help my make-up stay put! Also thought it may come in handy for my brides too..I have recently also purchased MAC prep and prime and fix + but will write about those in another post!
Firstly here's a little package a got through from E.L F at the weekend! I have to admit it's my first ever order and I was very pleased with the results! Ordered at 2pm on Thursday, was here on Friday morning!
First of all, I ordered the mineral infused face primer. I was very tempted, not only with the promise of a 'flawless and smooth canvas' for my foundation but also that it would keep it on for longer! at £6 a bottle, who can complain? I've tried it all weekend and I have to say, it is lovely. A clear serum type formula which beautifully glides onto the skin and creates a very smooth base for my foundation! Can't go wrong!!
'
Here is the box that arrived! I have to say, all this for £20.. !Also got a blusher brush, two sets of flirty lashes packs, a gorgeous peachy plumping lip glaze and the primer as above!


Above are two lovely looking 'crystal gloss' lipsticks by collection 2000 for just under £3 each in coral and pink crystal. Nice and glossy, in between a balm and a lipstick, nice shimmering iridescent shine. Not all too bad.. will keep my coral addiction happy for a little while!


Not quite happy with my delivery on Friday I headed off the Boots for a lengthy browse of all the new goodies out at the mo! I wasn't disappointed! To be honest I was looking for an alternative to my usual Chanel pro/vita/mat Lumiere foundation and after spending a few hours watching many many reviews I settled Revlon's new photo ready foundation around £13! Best part is it's on 3 for 2 at the moment in boots and I thought for £26 (£5 less than my Chanel) I got 3 for the price of 1 bottle of Chanel. I've tried it out a few times over the weekend and am surprisingly pleased with the results (I'm a complete Chanel convert so not much persuading will work!) The coverage is most definitely medium build able, it has a lovely creamy consistency which is easy to blend and the main thing for me is that most of the shades are very wearable and not all the horrible pinkie beige tones (which just don't suit me!) so.. all in all.. it's pretty good! Just one thing which may let it down is it has a very slight shimmer running through it when you look in full daylight. Some may like, I think it's fine for a change.


The two collection 200 lipsticks




foundations in 02/03 and 07






Oooh I LOOOVE pink! Here are two of my favourite full colour lipsticks! One is a definite favourite!



Here's the colour swatch.. at the top in YSL rouge volupte in no 7 and underneath is rimmel's new pinks collection ..can't find it at the mo but will post the colour asap!








Seriously though, just how beautiful is the packaging for the YSL rouge volupte? It even has a mirror in the end! Amazing!!


More Hauls to follow very soon! xoxoxox





















No comments:

Post a Comment